July 26, 2013

Hot Town...Summer in the City

Hot town, summer in the city
Back of my neck getting burnt and gritty
Been down, isn't it a pity
Doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city

All around, people looking half dead
Walking on the sidewalk, hotter than a match head

But at night it's a different world
Go out and find a girl
Come-on come-on and dance all night
Despite the heat it'll be alright

And babe, don't you know it's a pity
That the days can't be like the nights
In the summer, in the city
In the summer, in the city


Last night was one of those awesome summer nights.  You know, outside in the park, nice breeze, bug free, music, food, beer, and friends.  How it should be!  The event was called Decks in the Park, and it was a blast.

 
It was still pretty warm, so I didn't do much fashion wise...just a breezy lace top I scored at The Limited on mega sale (air flow!), a high pony (hair off neck!), and short shorts. :)


Dinner was had picnic style on a blanket.  I tried to make this big juicy turkey avocado and swiss sandwich look appetizing here, but trust me...it was tasty!  And not one ant or fly bothered me while I was eating.  I love that.


The Dallas skyline at dusk is quite nice to look at.  Especially from Klyde Warren Park.  The park was built on top of a freeway, uniting downtown with the edge of uptown.  The people who came up with this idea and designed the park are super smart and creative because it's beautiful.  This was my first time to hang out at Klyde Warren and I'm kind of kicking myself for waiting so long to check it out...the park opened last October!  Lesson learned.


How fantastic is this stage?!  It's so shiny and bright I just love it.  The tunes for the evening were provided by some talented local djs: A-1, Feezy, Jeff Mitchell, DVDJ Washington, Paradise and Waric Cameron.  There were some 80s classics, some downtempo lounge sounds and many happy beats.  Tons of people were dancing (and sweating) up a storm!  Lots of folks brought their kids and dogs so there were little beings running all around.  Everyone was happy and having a great time!  That's the best part.  :)


xoxo :)



No comments:

Post a Comment